Monday, March 03, 2008

February 29th Bonus Day

Friday, "Leap Year Day", was a bonus day for me that I chose to use to slow down my pace. I have been mindful of the approaching third anniversary of Laurie's death and know the importance of not overlooking quiet time.

Friday I spent the day mostly in pajamas reading a book, one recommended in Grief Support, entitled The Shack by William P. Young. It is so apparent to me that the timing of this read was perfect. I still questioned in my heart where was God when Laurie made her ultimate earthly choice? Why did someone with such a strong faith do something so unlike her? Where was He?

Well, I still know I will never have all the answers but something in The Shack opened my eyes and heart to the character of God, to the trinity, to where God is in tragedies. Like the song Laurie's friend, Ellen, wrote and sang about Laurie, I was reminded that He was there to catch her and bring her home. That is so soothing. I can trust God even in the worst.

So my friends, thank you for the many emails, calls, comments over this weekend; each is a gift. Let me give a gift back and urge you to read The Shack. It will change you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb and family, I have been sending up prayers for your family the past few days and will continue to do so, knowing God has His arms wrapped around you tightly. Laurie is worshipping Him right now as I type - next to Him and they are smiling down on you.

March 03, 2008 8:41 PM  
Blogger Jackie R. said...

Wow - weird. One of my best friends from high school just posted about this on her blog: http://web.mac.com/jenifferdake/iWeb/jenifferdake/Blog/Blog.html
She said such similar things - about how it changed her perspective and was just incredible. I guess I am going to have to order it asap!

March 04, 2008 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental