Monday, February 25, 2008

This week...

Moving into the week before the third anniversary of Laurie's death should be filled with sadness and part of it is that way. But I am also struck with the realization that God has allowed me to appreciate every minute I am here on earth. We just had a really great weekend with lots of cool things, sledding with the grandkids, dinner with old friends, seeing the movie "Water Horse", just neat things.

Tonight was Grief Support and since we were hit with another major snowstorm, many did not make the journey to Willow but one couple at my table did get there. Their loss is like ours; a beautiful, handsome young son who took his own life. The dad asked me if I thought our kids were selfish and I knew my answer immediately. No. She was in pain. She was not selfish. Laurie was never selfish. The dad's look of relief was so apparent. That was exactly what he thought about his son's decision. Too much pain and no way to deal with it but to go to Jesus. How I wish these two bright lights could have reached out and explained how hard things seemed and allowed those around them to walk them through their pain and back into joy!

I am still trying to decide whether or not to do an "In Memoriam" picture in our local newspaper this Sunday. Does it serve anything? Does it make me feel better? Or is it something I think I should do? Plus March 2nd is also the birthday of our dear friend John who just passed last year on August 24th. We miss John so much too. Maybe a toast to two wonderful lives is the thing to do...I'll ponder this for a few days.

It is still and quiet outside with the most beautiful snow right now. I think I will go snap a few pics...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is with Jesus...

It's a very beautiful song...

:D

February 26, 2008 7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hugs

February 27, 2008 12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad to have you posting more. i've missed your words.

February 27, 2008 4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do whatever is in your heart, but I think a post in the paper might be good. Perhaps someone desolate may read it and rethink their situation.

February 27, 2008 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental