Wednesday, February 20, 2008

925 Posts

I would have felt good if this was the 921st post. We live at 921. Today was my 204th day of not smoking. It would have been cool to point that out on Day 200. So the point would be I miss the mark sometimes on the significant. But that to say, I am trying hard to hone in on the important stuff. I am working hard on finding out what God really, REALLY, wants me to be about.

I type this from the Berwyn home hoping that Denver, Maya and Isaiah are really asleep. We have some traditions, one of them is going to a local Mexican restaurant almost every week. The kids hug Carmen, a beautiful, round Mexican woman. She knows our orders, never asks questions on the odd combination of family members. Carmen smiles at the twins when they are here; listens to each child order their food. She obviously loves us; she stops whatever she is doing to hug each of the kids. When I see her, I feel good. Right now I wonder what her life is like when she leaves the restaurant. Is there hard stuff like this family has? I need to make that my priority next time I am there. I think God wants me to be about others' lives.

I am loving that we are in a season of relative calm. Legal things won't be happening until the end of next month and God knows what needs to be prayed for in the meantime. Katie is a real nurse, taking care of real patients! Her head is on pretty straight and her time living with us is coming to a close soon as she gets her own nearby apartment. I hope we are still a bigish part of all the kids' lives. I love being a grandma and that is the key, grandma not mom, not parent, not disciplinarian...grandma :)

So 925 posts, crazy. Reminds me that my car has 170,000 miles on it and is still running strong. Crazy...Almost three years since Laurie left us, crazy...still.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you Barb, even though I don't really know you. Thanks for blogging - I don't think you know how much that means to us. Think about you and your family constantly and know that God has His arms wrapped around all of you.

February 21, 2008 9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you missed both the marks by exactly "4", the number of children you have. This might be a pattern.

February 21, 2008 10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Legal stuff? Sort of confusing. I hope you can share some details after the end of the month. We will all be praying.

February 21, 2008 10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the Berwyn home the one that Katie was living in with Jason?

February 21, 2008 11:09 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

Love you Barb. I can't believe you have had 925 posts. Really? I love every one of them and I am so proud of you for not smoking. I love you so much. Call me sometime over the weekend. Love, Gail

February 21, 2008 7:32 PM  
Blogger Bigger than Me said...

Lizzie- The Berwyn home is Tommy's.

Wilbur- To be honest, details won't be shared at any point, neither here or on my blog. People that know me already know the details. I appreciate the prayers, and I am really glad that my mom and so many others have a place to share their feelings and such, but for myself, I really just no longer feel comfortable sharing my life on the internet. I guess it is part of my journey, to set that boundary for myself...

February 21, 2008 10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Katie for commenting. I hope the legal action does not involve the custody of your kids. Sounds like Jason may still be in the picture with you. Hope all is well. Good Luck.

February 22, 2008 1:20 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Barb -
For some reason I felt the need to look you up. (Unfortunately I lost your # years ago otherwise I would have called) Out of the blue on Sunday I was thinking of you and Laurie and I felt like maybe it was for a reason. Anyways, I hope you are doing well - Sam

February 25, 2008 7:35 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

I want to concur (and share) with "anonymous's" comment...
I don't personally know you or your family, but have known of your family from Day 1, the day Laurie went missing. I think about you and your family constantly - you are always in my thoughts.

I feel as if I get to follow through on how the suicide has affected your family...my friend's family still lives in denial. As a friend, knowing the truth it's hard because I want to respect the family, but it sometimes feels like I need to burst.

Sorry for the ramble.

February 26, 2008 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental