Wednesday, December 05, 2007

As the world turns...that was one of my mom's favorite soap operas. I never got into watching it but I certainly have been able to be part of it. Life continues to bring ever changing "normals" to us and it is okay. My momma didn't raise no wimps!

I will blog in a while about how the holidays are shaping up. Christmas really is my favorite season and our house reflects that. The nine foot Christmas tree in the living room towers and reflects and is beautiful. It is decorated in mostly red, gold, white and silver ornaments and adorned with many cardinals, mostly gifts from sweet friends. Decorating it was pretty strategic; Pete actaully wore his stilts and I was on an 8' ladder to get the top done and now keeping the twins distracted from undecorating the lower portion is a fun pastime.

As the world turns, that is on the other side of the world...a really great article about wonderful daughter-in-law Cheryl was printed in the Kuala Lumpur Times. I hope it is able to be read as posted here. In most cases, if you click on photos on my blog, they will be enlarged and legible. Love to pass on comments to Cheryl. Okay, the world is turning, off I go...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feeling like you guys need extra prayers ....praying for peace and comfort for all of you.

December 12, 2007 9:31 AM  
Blogger Barb K said...

Yes, we are in need of lots of prayer right now. This is probably the most fear-filled time I have experienced since Laurie.
Thank you for divinely being aware of that and praying...Barb

December 13, 2007 9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second this, Barb. Sending lots of prayers!!!!!

December 13, 2007 9:45 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I am praying hard for you and your family, Barb. May the Lord continue to wrap His loving arms around you all.

December 17, 2007 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental