Tuesday, November 13, 2007

100 bulbs!

Last week I celebrated (okay, bragged.) 100 days of not smoking. Today Isaiah and I put an exclamation point on those 100 days by planting 100 daffodil bulbs in the front and back yards. I spent several minutes making sure I was "in the moment" in a beautiful day in November in Illinois. Part of not being "in the moment" but being on the sidewalk involved me trying to teach Isaiah to ride a two wheeler without training wheels. He toppled at one point and I toppled right over him. My knee, my hands, my ankle, all ache. And right this minute I am remembering that I have promised 17 year old granddaughter Ashley that she and I will sky dive for her 18th birthday!!!!

Putting an exclamation point on an event was also part of last Wednesday's New Community at Willow. Since they video stream the service, why not go to www.willowcreek.org and check it out? Teaching pastor Nancy Beach did a service on worship and putting the exclamation point on our week by our worship of Him. Great service!

This last is in response, sort of, to Greg shutting down his blog and what is going on in Kuala Lumpur. Over the weekend there was a political demonstration of between 30000 to 40000 protesters who were eventually subdued by tear gas, water cannons and road blockades. Creepy to be here and just reading about it via Greg's and Ashley's blogs and even creepier that in the US we don't really hear about things like that around the world. Our "news" consists of Britney sightings, what Paris Hilton is wearing, yah da yah da yah da...This is news? To wind this up, pray for safety for the Mayasian Boncimino's.

And to just be inspired, read the Nitty-Gritty link once in a while. This young woman that I don't know, inspires me!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any chance that Ashley will open her blog again, maybe the way Greg did? Would love to read her take on whats going on over there right now.

November 14, 2007 9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sad that I don't have a personal e-mail address to give Greg or Ashley, so I guess I'll just have to gain insight through your Malaysian update posts. Any news on Shelly Cox or Deb from Florida. I never see comments or updates anymore.

November 14, 2007 10:53 AM  
Blogger Greg Boncimino said...

Hey everyone. Greg here, writing from the island of Borneo...

Ashley has closed down the access to her blog because we have found that college admissions officers sometimes try to learn "more" than the application presents by searching online. And, with the exclusivity of the schools Ashley is applying to, she can't afford to lose that edge inadvertantly.

She will open it to those who request. You can send a request to my "public" email address below and I can pass it along if you'd like.

Also, for anyone wanting to reach me to say hello, etc. You're welcome to write to malaysiagreg@yahoo.com

Greg

November 15, 2007 11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental