Thursday, October 25, 2007

Good days, bad days, great days.

Good days...the ones where most things go pretty well. Like finding a perfectly great rug being thrown away that looks great in Denver and Isaiah's room. (Thanks to Grandpa Pete for going to the trash pile to get it.) Good day... finding out that your idea for the chicken and the egg costume for twins, Kylie and Rylan, is going to work out really cute. Good day...being the facepainting grandma and balloon twisting grandpa for Hayden's Fall festival at his school.

Good day...going with "date" Mandy to the wedding of her friend, "Little Jenny" and Roger. (For the record, Little Jenny really is little at 4'6") Not so good was the 2 hour 15 minute ride in Chicago congestion to get there. Good day Saturday...my Sonlight guys and a great Halloween pumpkin party and a costume party in the evening. Pete ended up having a job so our idea of pirate and wench was going awry. I went as the wench anyways and brought a picture of Pete the pirate and a little box of jewels and fake gold coins telling everyone the hubby was away but he left the credit card for me. I'm hilarious!

The point here is these are all great fun things. Not all days are that and in fact, the previous week had me battling depression and worry and general sadness. But as always, God is faithful and grants me a new gift. I really think this is the last of the lost, previously undiscovered, hidden and otherwise unknown cameras that Laurie might have taken pictures with, but we had another camera belonging to Laurie with a roll of film in it. When the roll was developed, there were four pictures of Laurie and the family in Mexico she lived with for a short time to learn Spanish, and one of her and Harper, her primary housemate while in Querretaro. Now discovering this makes for a great day!

Even bad days have an end and a new day follows. And sometimes those next days turn out to be be great days...

2 Comments:

Blogger Yvette said...

Barb, I doubt those are the last gifts of unknown surprises such as undeveloped camera film, etc....He seems to always be giving gifts right when you need them.

The only tickets I've ever received in my life were when I was with my friend Mikey....Mikey took is life in 2002, and I continue to receive tickets related to him. I was picking up his brother from the airport, got a ticket, I was out to lunch with his nephew, got a ticket.....there are a few more - the officer probably thought I was crying to get out of the ticket, but I was crying because I remember him and his knack for causing me to get tickets....I still blame him. :-)

Thanks Barb for sharing your good news, and your honesty about the struggles you still face...you aren't alone.

Yvette

October 30, 2007 2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell Ashley that this anonymous blogger will miss reading her exceptionally written, thought provoking blogs - so much wisdom for one so young.

November 06, 2007 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental