Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The weekend.

This past weekend flew by, all of it really wonderful. I had to go back to work to rest up. Friday night dinner out with two of my best friends, Diane and Karen, and the husbands, Pete and Fred. John, so missed.

Saturday morning was our 5K walk for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Our mighty band of 12 raised $2766 at last count and the day was perfect for a walk in Busse Woods. Even the trumpeting elks, got into the spirit. We were moved by the over 5oo walkers there in support of someone they loved, lost to suicide. AFSP had a great deal worked out with Hotel Indigo for a vastly reduced room rate. We stayed there along with our friends whose kids are close in age to Maya and Denver. The wonderfully relaxing evening and next morning were perfect and so was my 2 hour nap Sunday afternoon. Yes to naps. I say. And the wind-up dinner with beloved nephew Phil for his pre birthday dinner. Yum. I marvel at all the sweet experiences we took part in. Happy Birthday, Phil. You make us proud.

And last, thanks for the prayers from so many of you for last night. I spoke at Grief Support about Laurie, I think the first time child loss has been addressed as well as suicide during the speaker time. It was an interview format with me having the questions beforehand. After the 2 minute video montage of Laurie, family and friends, I began and from the feedback, it was well received. Some in GS have NEVER admitted they lost a loved one to suicide; last night they did. As God loves to show me His presence in such interesting ways, this little note: I was practicing in my car on the way to Willow Creek, I glanced in my rearview mirror and of course, there is a black Jeep right behind. Cool.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gail said...

cool.................

October 03, 2007 8:26 AM  
Blogger chryl said...

hey barb, i'm glad your speaking question-and-answer session went well.

i enjoy your pictures, and if you visit us here in malaysia, i'm sure you can have a fun story to tell as well!

love c

October 03, 2007 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental