Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

I really love this day because I have always loved being a mom...and now a grandma. I kid about the stress and the aggravation and I am sad about losing a beautiful daughter but there is something so inordinately profound about being a mother. It is a part of my life that is so intrinsically a part of me. I am thankful for every day I get to be involved in the lives of all these awesome Boncimino, Michel, Free kids. What a privilege!

And with that I am thankful for my mom. She was so unique and so funny. Though these last several years have had more than a normal amount of tragedy and chaos, I feel my mom's presence urging me to hold on, keep at it. Thanks, mom.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms. And consider yourself hugged if being a mom is your heart's desire and it has not happened yet. I cannot imagine that heartache. And those who like me, are missing their own moms, capture one wonderful memory right now and smile. She would like that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day :)

May 13, 2007 12:25 AM  
Blogger Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Happy Mother's Day Barb! I so admire your faith, strength and courage. Your children are truly blessed to have you as their Mom.

May 13, 2007 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental