Saturday, May 05, 2007

SOS Part 2 Shingles Override Soo much

This is one ridiculous illness. Monday through Friday is still a blur of pain. Yesterday back at the eye doc's I was prescribed a steroid that seems to be helping a lot more than anything else so far. This morning I could actually look out of my left eye without wincing. The rash itself is on my scalp, down the left side of my forehead (nicely covered by bangs) over my left ear. The incapacitating pain in my eye has lessened, now I just get these migraine-like flashes that last about 10 seconds and fade away.

I must be getting better because I went out today to shop. I was sure Kohl's was going to send a Get Well card since I had not been there for so long! This morning I had Maya take a picture of me sans makeup. Right now I don't have the nerve to post it. Think I'll leave that to when I can post a before and after pic. (And that will be awhile since almost all of my eye lashes have fallen out on my left eyelids.) Thanks for all your prayers and emails and I apologize if you called and I did not answer. I have been in Shingles Hades looking for the way out.

PS This was a bad way for Pete and I to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary and Cinco de Maya. Tonight he is off DJing a wedding and I will be long asleep by the time he gets home. Tomorrow is a brand new day; we're gonna call for a do-over day.

PPS One more thing. Now I can never have that Major league baseball career I dreamed of since I am a steroid user. Bummer.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry this last week hasn't been a good one. Hopefully soon it will just be a bad memory. Still praying for you. Happy Anniversary to you and Pete - have a great do-over.

May 05, 2007 10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! I will be praying for you! --victoria

May 05, 2007 11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes to you Barb. Here's hoping the misery passes quickly!

May 06, 2007 12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better soon! One of my bosses had the shingles, recently, and he is all better now. Prayers for you!!!

May 07, 2007 6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get well soon, Barb! And happy anniversary!

Lisa from Michigan :)

May 07, 2007 8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barb...
We were in Phoenix for wedding last week and I'm just back to work this morning. So sorry to hear you have shingles. My mother had a horrible case of them and I know how much pain you are in with them. Hopefully, the meds will work and you will recover quickly. Just hang in there and I will be praying for a speedy recovery.

In His Love,

Eileen G.

May 09, 2007 9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb, I come and visit Laurie's page often and keep up with how you and your family are doing. I was sorry to hear you came down with shingles. I had them last August when I drove my youngest daughter to college in St. Louis. Two of my daughters have also had them. No fun at all. You could not have gotten them in a worse spot that is for sure. I hope you are finding some relief and perhaps the doc put you on Valtrex to try and tame the virus. Just a side note, in the future if you notice the distinct pain of shingles go running to the doc and get on Valtrex immediately, it is a wonder drug that almost stops shingles in its tracks. Have a wonderful delayed anniversary and a Happy Mother's Day.
Marcy (Jim Wendt's wife) LOL!

May 12, 2007 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental