Monday, October 30, 2006

I saw him this morning..

Every morning I have a little mental argument with myself, "Do I want to walk today?". Oooh, it's too cold. Ooh, I really should. Oooh, I don't feel like it. Today, yes, "I will" won. And I am so glad it did.

I was not two houses down, after admiring our newest Halloween lawn inflatable of a huge pumpkin containing a merry go round with various cartoony figures circling inside it, when I heard then saw him. Him, of course, was a cardinal, my sign that God is there for me. I have not seen a cardinal for a fairly long time, but there he was this morning, making himself very visible to me, even though his red almost matched the fall colors of the tree he was in.

So here we are, the start of a new week. Last week was hard for many reasons, part of the weekend was fun, helping the Michel kids build leaf houses, volunteering at Sonlight with my African kids. We could not go out to celebrate Pete's mom and dad's 50th anniversary because she is still too frail, so that was hard. But off we go...a new week, a new morning. I am ready to see Him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Barb,
I saw a cardinal early this morning and sent a prayer up for you. I pray that you found something to smile about today.

With love.

October 31, 2006 8:50 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Every time I see a cardinal, I think of you & Laurie...and I smile.

November 01, 2006 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental