Saturday, September 09, 2006

Sort of odd, don't you think?

Yesterday was one of those days out of the ordinary. Pete and I attended the funeral of a woman we had never met but who was the grandma of one of our Kristin's best friends, Jessica. As stange as it sounds, it was one of those inspiring funerals representing a life well lived...a warm legacy.

And then the stranger part: I spent time yesterday with three different people who each had their birthday yesterday, September 8th. First was lunch with my dear, wonderful friend Diane. We have been friends well over twenty years. She is probably my closest confidante. We are best friends; our two sons, Chris and Steve, are best friends; Laurie and Diane's daughter Dee were best friends. Pretty awesome.

Later I celebrated Isaiah's third birthday with the Michel's. Probably the funniest moment was when I first got to the house, bringing in balloons, his cake and presents. As Katie and I assembled his scooter in the living room, Isaiah decided to examine his cake. Oops! It landed upside down on the kitchen floor. His comment was something like, "Well, this is not good." Dinner at a local Mexican restaurant with special sombrero and sparklers, capped his day.

And last I stopped at EagleWood Resort where I knew my co worker Elaine was staying with her family celebrating her son Eric's 36th birthday. The pic of me with Eric is dark but that's us. So how strange is that? Makes me wonder what goes on nine months earlier that I know three people with the same birthday. Hmmm?

4 Comments:

Blogger Bigger than Me said...

Um, Mom, as a woman who has given birth to an early September baby herself, you should know what happens nine months before that...the Holidays! Thanks for putting those picturse up, Isaiah loved seeing himself up here.

September 09, 2006 2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Isaiah's response to the cake flop is one of the sweetest things I've ever read. So cute.

To Isaiah: Happy birthday! Sounds like it was an excellent one :)

September 09, 2006 3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! Thanks for the pics. Would Eric be single?! He is a cutie!

September 09, 2006 5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just did the math--New Year's Eve! Must be a baby making night :)

September 10, 2006 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental