Saturday, September 02, 2006

18 months...

I cannot let this day go by without acknowledging, at least for myself, that it has been 18 months today that Laurie ended her life. Why is it still so incomprehensible? Why did I miss any signs? Why did I not see a thing in her eyes that morning to let me know it would be the last time I would see her alive? Ugggg. These stinking "Whys". "Whys" with no real answers.

So much has happened since then...some good, some so horribly bad. Turning over these past 18 months again and again. I am on the slinky trail again. No linear healing; a lot of going round and round.

A piece of comfort for me is a song that a friend of Laurie's wrote and sang at camp. The lyrics are beautiful and so thought provoking. I plan on posting the song eventually. One part is the lines:

"Did you know He dove into the water after you?
Did you know He dove into the water and caught you?"

The imagery of Jesus swooping His arms around her and her leaning into Him brings a measure of peace. I'll leave it there.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb,
'Do you know he is wrapping his arms around you right now? Do you know he is comforting as you cry?'
Knowing you feel His presence ...Praying for you.

September 02, 2006 1:23 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Barb, I love you, I love you, I love you....Can you feel MY arms around You? Love, Gail

September 02, 2006 9:23 PM  
Blogger Alexandria said...

cplbarb! you always encourage me. I have made a little dedication to you! on my blog!

I want you to know that i appreciate your strength and honesty.!

Love alex

September 03, 2006 7:42 PM  
Blogger Ash said...

Dad mentioned that it had been 18 months last night, and it just struck me how strong you and he, and everyone else for that matter, have been. Thank you for sharing your soul and being strong for the rest of us through the last year and a half and reminding us of what's really important.

I've been thinking about her whenever I consciously notice the silver ring on my finger (which is every 10 minutes or so) and I love to remember her and you and everyone cheering for us back in the states. Your strength helps me go on, even when it's hard, and I hope to be that strong for someone else someday. You are so inspiring and I love you!!!

-Ash

September 03, 2006 8:07 PM  
Blogger riniroo said...

Barb,
I love your family's strength.
Prayers to you all.
Renee (a TX boncimino family friend)

September 06, 2006 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental