Monday, August 28, 2006

Weight...

Today my new scale showed me five different weights! What is that all about? I get on, I get off, I get on again, I get off, I get on again. Oh for goodness sake. My old scale was actually "vintage". I should have sold it on Ebay. I am pretty sure Denny and I got it for a wedding present and that was in 1967. My point is that at least the old scale always came up the same. This new digital wonder wanders all over the place. (Am I an optimist because I always decide to go with the lowest weight?) And while I feel better some 40 pounds lighter, I am still exactly who I was before I lost those pounds.

When people ask how did I lose that weight, I usually say I walk a lot. Or maybe sometimes, the famous "Grief Diet" except you can't write a book about it. The truth is, the pounds don't really matter. Would I be willing to add 100 pounds and have Laurie back or Katie better? In a nanosecond. But it doesn't work that way. So yeah, I like the new clothes, the compliments. Does it really matter? No.

The real importance of weight? The weight of the world...the weight of my words...the weight of my actions. Am I really weighing what I say, what I pray? That is exactly what I need to focus on. Not the ever fluctuating digital readout, but the way ("weigh?") I show my love and trust in God.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Barb that was really heavy (no pun intended). I can sooo relate.

I have been reading you and your family’s blogs since the beginning. Each and every one of you writes from the heart. You are all such an inspiration. I so enjoy The Greg and Family Travels Show. I feel like I am watching reality T.V.

Gods Blessings, from a friend in Florida

August 29, 2006 8:05 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

You really should write a book. I love the way you write and each time I read an entry, I feel like you are speaking to me. Very moving.

August 29, 2006 8:23 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

Barb, You look so great. Wish I did. Had to tell you, today I am wearing your old Purple and white top to work. I look at myself and think about you. I want you to go out and eat a $7.00 Pork sandwich. Ha ha I miss you Sister. Love, Gail

August 29, 2006 8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with 'finding my way.' I have been reading your blogs from the start, and somehow I can always relate to what you say...

August 29, 2006 8:52 PM  
Blogger shelly said...

Thanks for the reminder Barb.

August 31, 2006 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental