Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Thanks, Laurie. Happy Birthday, sweet girl...

Today Laurie would have been 22 years old. I would be putting up the giant cardboard "Happy Birthday" sign, singing to Laurie and just having fun with her. Instead, today, Katie and I are going down to the lake.

Back on April 21st, I blogged about the tape we found of Laurie practicing her piano playing and singing worship songs. So instead of giving her presents, this year we get a little present from Laurie. My favorite is "Jesus, Draw Me Close".

I Love You, Lord

Instrumentals

Jesus, Draw Me Close

Lord, I Give You My Heart

Open the Eyes of My Heart

Thanks, Drew. Thanks, Laurie, for this gift...I love you. Mom

To download...

PC users: Right-click and select "save target as."
Mac users: Control-click and "save link as."

6 Comments:

Blogger dbrown said...

I almost can't handle the a cappella part of "Jesus, Draw Me Close"

June 07, 2006 1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.
Thanks for sharing. You still amaze me, Barb. I wish for you and your family peace and love, as always...
Camille

June 07, 2006 7:09 AM  
Blogger stacy a said...

Thank you Barb for sharing alittle of Laurie with us. I listened to every song - and yes, I cried. I have to agree with Drew that the acappella on Jesus, Draw Me Close did me in. I am thinking and praying for you and your family today as you remember your beautiful daughter. May God continue to bless you and your family.

June 07, 2006 7:27 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thank you for sharing. I listened to the songs...she had a voice of an angel. I am crying here at work. *hugs & prayers*

June 07, 2006 7:43 AM  
Blogger Jackie R. said...

Barb,
I was going to blog about this in the next day or so. I listened to this CD (Shelly gave me a copy) two days ago and I found myself singing along at one point - and I thought how amazing it was that Laurie was leading me into worship even now. Amazing.
Thought of you all and prayed for you today. Love.

June 08, 2006 4:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

still singing...I have it on my playlist and love to here her angelic voice. Prayers for you all and will email soon!
hugs! Jackie :)

June 12, 2006 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental