Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Today

Today is the day alot of many people's futures will be cast. A discussion will be had and future plans will be laid out. It is a situation I have no control over. It is a time to rely on Him, and Him only.

Yesterday as I drove to work, I was deep in worry, deep in sadness. And as clearly as something can come into my mind, I heard, "Rely on Him." And a black Jeep drove past me and then another right behind the first...My eyes welled. Black Jeeps have been a reminder to me of Laurie for one thing, but of God's presence for another. I drove further, marveling at this calming experience and thought, of course, "Rely on Him" and another black Jeep went by.

To some this will seem weird, but the same thing happened three more times. I would be listening to Christmas carols, humming along with them, sometimes singing a loud and then that same thought would pop in, and a black Jeep would pass me. For me, God has to do stuff like this for me to get it.

So I head into this day; this hard day that will end at Willow Creek's Christmas service, tonight with my family, I rely on Him...

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I am praying so hard for you all right now. I even had a dream about you guys last night. I think I fell asleep thinking about you. lol

I think God sends us signs that He really is there. It happens to me all of the time and I always find comfort in it. =)

December 20, 2005 11:12 AM  
Blogger Eve said...

your on my mind, heart and in my prayers...

December 20, 2005 3:07 PM  
Blogger Jackie R. said...

Hmmm... Thought of you and the fam and prayed for you several times today - this morning I was in a hallmark type store and I almost said out loud - "oh, my goodness... who knew they had an entire cardinal section..." It was beautiful - cardinal everything! Then another time when I saw a red north face jacket, then another time just a few minutes ago in the car when a song from the Indescribable Tour came on the radio... He is keeping you front & center all day. Praying...

December 20, 2005 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental