Thursday, November 10, 2005

LaurieBoncimino.com

How strange this is to me yet. How weird that Laurie has a website...

This morning Pete and I got up at 4:45 AM to get Pete to the airport by 6:00 for an early flight to Minnesota where he will be working at a craft fair this weekend. It made better sense to just go into the office just minutes away than go back home.

Sitting at my desk and seeing the sunrise was calming and I have already gotten a lot done with no phones ringing. In fact, I had some time to check blogs and then I had a need to go look at the website (www.laurieboncimino.com) created when Laurie first went missing. Now this same site is a memory book and a suicide prevention resource. I had a chance to look at the video montage of Laurie shown at the service again, hear parts from the funeral, smile at the new addition Greg has made to the heading, pink hearts and a beautiful script. The montage of Laurie and the collection of her thoughts and words of encouragement set to stirring music moves me to tears, again...And I see that these have been viewed over 10,000 times. That number is a silent tribute to her, I think.

Again, I am reminded how much I miss her, how much our family misses her, how much her friends miss her, how much the world lost without her here...but how wonderful that she is dancing with angels...

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I often think about Laurie, even though I have never met her. I also visit her site frequently and look at her beautiful smile. You and your family has touched a place in my heart. Laurie truly is dancing with the angels and I hope to meet her someday in heaven. :)

November 10, 2005 9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all miss her so much. I hope she's truly happy wherever she is now.

- an old friend

November 11, 2005 2:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, dancing with angels, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her and miss her.

November 12, 2005 11:46 AM  
Blogger Greg Boncimino said...

Mom,

I just checked the site. I have to be honest -- I didn't add the new banner text or menu bar. Those touches must have come from Uncle Jim. All the rest looks about the same as I left it.

I am in a rough spot again. Might comment in my blog, but for now just know that I am not in an accepting mood once more. I feel so heavy hearted again.

Can't wait to see everyone next week in Texas. We need that.

Your Greg

November 13, 2005 2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental