Monday, November 07, 2005

Sleepless in Buffalo Grove...

I have been tossing and turning for an hour and just cannot go to sleep. I am not sure what this is all about; all I know is that my mind is going like crazy. Will blogging be my cure for tonight's insomnia?

The message at church today was about slowing down, refocus, simply love God and love people. Mike Breau talked about putting his head down on the pillow at night and drifting off into deep sleep. I have had no problem sleeping at all for months, in fact, I often said that I knew many people were praying for me because I had really never felt so well or slept so soundly. And now tonight I can not sleep.

The fact is I know many are still praying; I'm still praying. So God, I am open to what you are trying to speak into me. Open my ears. Open my heart.

6 Comments:

Blogger Greg Boncimino said...

Mom,
You may be sleepless in BG, but I am also awake, here in Malaysia. (It's Monday afternoon)

I pray that God will grant you peace -- real peace. Peace in knowing that He is both big enough to manage the universe, and yet small enough to care about one of His own who is tossing and turning in a Chicago suburb late at night.

How strange that you could post a message, and I could read it within minutes, and I'm literally 10,000 miles away.

Now get some rest....

Greg

I'm so lucky to have you for a mom.

November 07, 2005 1:21 AM  
Blogger PixieGirl said...

Aunt Barb,

I couldn't sleep either last night. I just sat up thinking and wishing I could get up and take a walk. I'll pray today that we both have a good day and a peaceful night tonight.

Mandy

November 07, 2005 8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barb....Must have been one of those nights for a lot of people. I was awake at 3:00 a.m. and never went back to a sound sleep. Prayed a lot and thought of you and your family. Maybe that was why the Lord allowed me to be awake. I'll pray that we all have a good nights sleep.

In His Love,

Eileen G.

November 07, 2005 8:53 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Geeze... God was busy last night!

I couldn't fall asleep for the life of me! I even took a mild sleep aid, and I STILL felt like baking a cake!

Maybe the point is simply to remind us all that, even in our sleepless 3am hour of darnkess, we are less alone than we think. From the looks of it, a bunch of us could have had a sweet insomniac party!!!

Anna

November 07, 2005 11:34 AM  
Blogger Barb K said...

Besides all of us, check out granddaughter Ashley's blog. It was just as nutty in TX last night.

November 07, 2005 3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Girlie...
"It's the end of the world as we know it!" There's a song like that, and I know Pete has it.... Call me when you can't sleep. I haven't slept soundly in months. Jimmy Kimmel is good for what ails ya. At least he makes you laugh. Seriously...I pray you and your family up everyday for peace. God was really reaching out last night to alot of people. I wish you all a good night's rest,tonight,and abundant peace.
Love ya
Karen

November 08, 2005 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental