Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Hurricanes, walking canes, candy canes...

All in a jumble and with no rhyme or reason, I think of this weird title. Uppermost in me right now is concern about Greg, Chery and the girls and what they might be in for with Hurricane Rita bearing down. Greg's blog gives quite a picture. It makes me sad to think about all the good Houston has done in helping the evacuees of Katrina and now they may be in for a dose of fury, too. Does not seem fair!

Walking canes, hmmm...don't need one yet, but that could be round the corner. Walking this morning though, I did have a God moment. I was praying about lots of stuff and then drifting thought, "I have not seen a cardinal around here for a while." Just had seen one in Kalamazoo MI, this past weekend, but that didn't count for IL. And AS I thought this, of course, a cardinal flies right in front of me. I shouldn't say, of course. God does not HAVE to show Himself to me, but He does. Every day in so many ways.

Candy canes? No association here, except I don't think I am going to be as wild about Christmas this year as some years past. But I still will celebrate His birth. And last, my thoughts before I leave this keyboard, I am asking for prayers for each of us, Mandy, especially right now and Debbie Dunlap and her family. Friday Katie and I will fly to Jacksonville FL to support this sister in Christ as she and her 10 kids grieve and celebrate the life of Debbie's husband Don at his memorial service. Debbie asked me to share during the service about the grief journey. Pray that my words are words of encouragement and hope. And faith...

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

My prayers are with you & your family, especially Greg & Debbie.

September 22, 2005 7:10 AM  
Blogger PixieGirl said...

Aunt Barb,

Thanks for the call yesterday. I will be praying for you as you and Katie bring comfort to Debbi. She has been such a gift to our family. It sucks that she has to be on the receiving end just now. I love you BUNCHES and I'll see you when you get home.

In Him,
Mandy

September 22, 2005 9:21 AM  
Blogger Simply Me said...

i hope God gives you strength as you fly to florida and attend yet another memorial. i also hope that Greg and the family will be ok through the hurricane.
thank you for going on this journey with me.
i love you tons and hope that you remain strong when you are weak.
you are a gift to those that know you.

September 22, 2005 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental