Friday, September 30, 2005

Footloose...

At Grief Support two weeks ago the speaker talked about how people would like to see you work through grief on a nice straight path. She had two people hold up a stretched out tape measure and pointed out that that some expect you to be at Week One feeling this way, Week Seven, getting better, Week Whatever, all better, back to "normal" life. Linear recovery.

The truth about grief, the path is much more like traveling on a giant Slinky. The Slinky, that famous toy of olden days with it's ongoing stretch of coils...up and down and around and around we go. That is how it is for me. And last night, I was on the upswing of that Slinky. Pete and I went out for dinner and saw the musical "Footloose" at the Marriott Theater. We loved it. We felt a little more "normal". In the words of Martha Stewart, that's a good thing.

And right now I want to post a few random pictures of Laurie. I think I'll do that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

How wonderful that you got to see that musical! I love musicals and was in one when I was in high school. I sang in Chorus all throughout my high school years and it was wonderful. I really miss singing.

I loved the pictures of Laurie. I have never been skydiving, rock climbing OR jet skiing, but those are all things that I would love to do.

Thank you so much for sharing those pictures with us.

Have a wonderful weekend. =)

September 30, 2005 2:36 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Those pitures are so great. That first one is at LAurie and Doc's right? I had a freak out about Laurie the other night. I just looked at her pictures and cried and yelled and sobbed. I can't imagine how your heart must feel...love you sis....Gail

September 30, 2005 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental