Sunday, August 28, 2005

Dancing with the Angels...

I love, I need, I covet days like this once in a while!

Today I spent the morning and early afternoon baby sitting for not quite 2 month old grandson, Reece. He and I went for a two mile walk. He smiled, I took pictures. We spent a lot of time in the back yard; I weeded, he slept. He ate, he slept some more; I gave myself a pedicure. I read; he slept some more. What a great baby!

The book I am reading is wonderful. It's by Elizabeth Berg, an author my mom loved. It's called The Year of Pleasures and it is the journey a middle aged woman is on following the death of her husband and it is so sweet. Not a downer, just sweet. (Thank you, Joey, for the book.)

Katie and not-feeling good Denver came over for a short visit. It was good to catch up with Katie and make plans for the upcoming week. Got a voicemail from Eve to confirm our dinner tomorrow. Yippee for that. And then some errands and home in time to see the most glorious sunset!

Since Pete and I went to church last night and Pete worked all day today, I had plenty of time to reflect, rest, enjoy one of the last days of summer. The most pleasant and timely capper to the day just came, in the form of an email from one of Laurie's small group girls, Jammie, who is now back in college in Florida. Jammie forwarded me a song called Dancing with the Angels by Monk and Neagle. She had just heard it the night before at a concert she attended and said she had been playing it all day. It is so moving, so the story of us, of Laurie and where she is, dancing with angels. I am thankful for a day of pleasures.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jackie R. said...

Wow Barb... what an amazing song - It's so right on too. I just had to go buy it... "...so much that I don't understand..." ...you had love, love, love... So Laurie.
And I love the chorus too - "walking in new life..." "heaven fills your eyes..."

August 29, 2005 12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

greetings from afghanistan
hey everyone, just wanted to say i keep checking the website to see how you guys are doing. i hope things are getting better by the day. i should be coming home in feb and will stop by when i do.

August 31, 2005 12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I told my parents about the tattoo so you may tell anyone you would like. I love you and miss my best friend dearly.

love always,
<>< DEE HEICK ><>

August 31, 2005 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental