Monday, December 07, 2009

39 nine days ago...

Thirty nine days ago Pete and I hit a big wall. I had a sinking feeling our marriage could be over. A few trusted friends and family members knew and I believe they went into ultimate prayer mode.

Meeting with our old counselor who we went to when Laurie first died and meeting with one of our most dear friend couples got us upright. We were steered to a book and concept "Love and Respect" and began to dig in. I have had a huge heart change and so has Pete. Now we are standing...in love.

We are almost back in a honeymoon stage. God has led us through some deep waters and we are resting comfortably in His arms, thanking him for building us into a stonger than ever couple. I am grateful beyond words.

This holiday season gives me more reasons than ever to appreciate the birth of His Son, Jesus!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bigger than Me said...

I can't believe it has been this long since I looked at your blog, and if I am the only one, then, Mom...I am so ridiculously proud of you two. You two are such an incredible inspiration. I know you will understand what I mean when I say "Only God." I love you. (In case there is anyone else reading, my mom and step-dad are doing so well it is actually kinda gross! My siblings and I love it, and yet still think it is a total freak-out thing when we see them acting like teenagers!)

February 12, 2010 12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental