Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm Dizzy...

A week ago Saturday Pete and I managed to celebrate Sweetest Day by hanging out with bunches of grandkids. The parents were on vacation or at the hospital with a scare with one of the twins. All in all, we did pretty good and had fun. Cool part was seeing Izzy play rugby at Northwestern. Of course it was also NU Homecoming so moving through traffic was excruciating.

Last Monday night I spoke at Grief Support about lost dreams in losing a loved one. I was caught off guard viewing the four minute video of Laurie. (Still viewable on the website http://www.laurieboncimino.com/ ) When the lights came up the 150 or so participants were obviously moved. I think I was able to convey how I have moved through many dreams for Laurie's life and lost dreams for us as a family but also what we have done to move through that and still live with hope.

In the ever changing drama of life here, the rest of the week played out with mostly normal stuff: Work, grandkids, sewing a hilarious costume for my dear friend Karen, visiting the awesome jewelry show. ( I am well jeweled now) And then getting the text that Pete's dad was on the way to the hsopital which is where he is now. Visits to the hospital as well as quick snippets of visits with Greg who was in from Malaysia to see his darling daughter, the coed filled out this past weekend.

And as sometimes happens with me when under stress, I got a migraine. This one was mild and in comparison to the ones my mom used to get which incapacitated her for days, I am ready to face the week ahead. May the week you face be filled with blessings.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Katie back together with the twins dad?

October 27, 2008 5:44 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Hey Barb, I sure remember how bad mom's headaches were. Ouch. I am praying for Pete's dad as well as all of you guys doing your normal over the top stuff for everyone. I am glad you got to see Greg. Did you hear I sold 39 chickens? Still have about 20. Are you all coming out for Thanksgiving? I'm cooking for the family...I wish. Love you, Gail

October 27, 2008 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental