Friday, May 09, 2008

Holy Cow! Greg is 39!

How can it be that I now have a son who has just turned 39? I only feel 39 myself; must be new math. I am here to report that all of us are doing well. Greg is in Bangkok today, but I think I understand he was home in Kuala Lumpur for his birthday. ( New math again, or at least, world time differences...very confusing.)

Ashley graduates high school May 30th from the International School of Kuala Lumpur. This will be an historic day as she crosses the high school finish line with all kinds of amazing honors. We are looking forward to the Malaysians coming in a few months to get Ash settled in her new IL digs as she begins college! Whee.

And in the college theme, Kristin will be graduating from UIC this weekend. I could not be prouder of what a grace-filled, compassionate and now highly educated young woman she has become. Surely I will have follow up pictures to post following the ceremonies. I am anticipating having a lump in my throat and teary eyes not just for Kristin but remembering that Laurie and Kristin had always planned on graduating together and starting their next phase of life together.

Katie and all the kids are well. In fact right now Katie, Denver, Maya and Isaiah are at the Cubs game for a sort of early Mother's Day celebration. The twins are here with Pete and me, both wearing little Cubs jerseys. Katie is a dedicated nurse caring for 97 developmentally disabled adults at a live-in shelter. Her job and apartment are only minutes apart so at least for that portion she saves on gasoline bills.

Hey, here's a good birthday present for Greg. The Cubs just won! Happy birthday, Greggie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental