Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Weekend in Review

Well, not really the weekend in review. Too much goes on. But we did have fun. Friday night, four couples who have been linked since 1981, got together to celebrate and remember. The Nguyens, the Vietnamese couple, who bravely brought their nine children to America all those many years ago, the Heicks, my support system through so much, the Goodmillers, part of the original team in settling the Nguyens here and Pete and I. We had a great dinner, laughed, poked fun at each other, and learned how many grandchildren we had all racked up. 27 so far with three more on the way! We are a population explosion!

I think the pictures also show some of the fun stuff going on here with Katie and the kids...on Saturday every child under this roof got a bath. That's a lot of towels but we would not change any of it for a minute!

This afternoon we had lunch with Pete's great aunt and uncle who have been married 61 years. They are so cute together and we all laughed so much. I want to grow up to be just like them. (Hi, Aunt Myrt and Uncle Walt. Thanks for the wonderful lunch!) Yes, they have a computer and know how to use it.

What really brought me joy today was sitting in church, me, then Pete, Christa, Chris, Katie, Tommy, friends on the other side of me, Steve and Ari a few rows behind. What a great thing to be able to be together and worship and learn. Wow! And next weekend will be cool. Pete has been asked to be one of the "Deal or No Deal" guys up on stage for all three services. The tie-in is, of course, the Superbowl. Just seeing Pete up there in a Bears fan jersey will be worth the price of admission; Pete is not what I would call the ultimate sports guy, but he is a great sport! So on we go. Go Bears!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barb and Pete....Yes, it was a fun dinner and we really had a good time. Thanks for putting that all together for us. The pictures came out good also. However, I hope you got my voice mail message. The next dinner will be on us. It was great to see everyone and get caught up.

Since I don't have Diane and Fred's e-mail address, I just want to wish them the very best and it was so good to catch up on all our kids and their kids etc. Have fun in Colorado and give my best to Laurie and Larry.

Have a great day everyone!

Eileen

January 29, 2007 8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your blog!
Sorry, I live in Indianapolis and I'm hoping the Colts will win the super bowl.
GO COLTS!

January 31, 2007 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental