Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Tis the season...

I feel like writing about my love of Christmas decorations, actually my OCD when it comes to Christmas decorations. The Friday after Thanksgiving, Drew and Pete were wonderful and dragged down all the bins, boxes and bags of Christmas; I counted. 64 in all. That's crazy talk...but it's the truth. Then I spent a little of Friday evening decorating the kitchen and bathroom. (Yes, the bathroom.) And then I spent a joyous Saturday taking down everything off of almost every surface in our house and replacing it with Christmas. Some areas are arranged in themes, some walls have new artwork, the lights all work and everything is twinkly. The only thing I left out this year were the many Christmas stockings over the fireplace. It's just too messy for my brain to deal with...I don't want to not hang Tommy's, the Malaysia Boncimino's won't be here, what about the twins? Do I want to hang Laurie's again with her special "JOY" hook thing? It was just easier not to put any of them up. I'm guessing I will put up grandkids'stockings a few days before Christmas or maybe just the "Jesus" one that usually is the first one in the line up.

So now I can wander around and let my gaze rest on some thirty years of accumulated Christmas goop, and remember and smile. That's okay for now.

Tomorrow is "D" day for Katie's twins. With the health issues, both physical and mental, the marriage breakdown, the ongoing concerns for the whole family, I covet our prayer warriors prayers. He knows the outcome. He created these little ones. Tis a new season...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barb....

I will definitely be praying for Katie and those little ones. Just remember the Lord is still in control.

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures of your family. We love you lots. Please keep in touch and let me know how things go tomorrow.

Eileen G.

November 29, 2006 8:59 PM  
Blogger NicaGirl said...

Hey Barb!
I have been praying for Katie and the twins today! I hope the news regarding everyone's health is good news! :)
In Him,
Meg

November 29, 2006 9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb, you, Katie and all the family will be uppermost in my heart and mind tomorrow. I am thinking of my favorite definition of joy: The deep, settled confidence that God is in control of EVERY detail of my life. Authentic, deep-down comfort beloved, treasured friend of my heart.

Love you Barb,
Debbi Dunlap

November 29, 2006 10:54 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

praying hard!

November 30, 2006 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental