Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving 2006

All the dishes are clean and put away, turkey rice soup made. I need a minute to reflect on the many things I am thankful for and how it was expressed these last few days.

I had a visit from someone who reads the blogs who was in town for a short time in transit between Alaska and Kentucky. Never met this person before but like many other things God knows and we don't, we have now met. Thank you for the cardinal note, my friend. A great visit from Shelly from CO, another friend I did not know before Laurie's death but we now have a unique relationship processing death of a loved one by suicide. Shelly, Katie, the Michel kids and I got to view the new Macy windows downtown on Wednesday and loved it.

And then the day, starting with early rise time to get the 22 pound turkey ready for the oven, all the while having the Thanksgiving Day parade on in the background. Great smells, great smiles as family and friends start to arrive, excellent surprise phone call from Greg and family as they spent their holiday in Thailand. I recognize acutely how much has changed over the last two years but I am still amazed by the faithfulness of a God who does not let go. We are in His grip.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb,
thank you for your kind and encouraging note.. of course you are more than welcome to use the song wherever you would like...
you and your family continually amaze me, and ultimately point me to God and things that He is that you so boldly portray. You are a blessing...

Ellen

November 27, 2006 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental