Friday, November 17, 2006

National Survivors of Suicide Day

On Saturday, Nov. 18, AFSP (American Foundation for Suicide Prevention) will sponsor its eighth annual National Survivors of Suicide Day, reaching out to tens of thousands of people who have lost a loved one to suicide. The day of nationwide conferences will connect survivors through a satellite and Internet broadcast, allowing survivors to share their experiences of loss. To learn more about National Survivor's Day activities, visit www.afsp.org.

Can you tell I cut and pasted this from the website? Right now I am feeling that I am not sure if I want to watch this time. I have registered and I know there will be value. As it stands now, I am taking 7 year old Denver with me tomorrow morning because he has been wanting to go visit the African refugee kids with me. I think I will just see how the day plays out.

Tomorrow Katie and kids will be here, too, as we ship out Ebay stuff Katie has been selling to earn money. See, another good thing I lost weight, lots of oversized clothes to get rid of. There are Barb-alikes all over the place as Katie's been selling to every corner of the US. Katie is getting really big; she is a sight with her ever expanding belly. The babies are over 5 and a half pounds each and according to her doctor, they can be born anytime. If she has not delivered by Nov 29th, she will be induced. As I think of this suicide survivor day, I am grateful once again, Katie is with us. No matter what circumstances, I want a live daughter. It's hard enough living with one gone...

Once again I can only shake my head, take a breath, and believe.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Barb,
I read your blog early this morning and have been trying to come up with the right words to say in response. All I can come up with, lame as it is, Well said, my friend. Well said. Unless one has faced the loss of a child, one can never know that deepest ache that no parent should ever have to go through. I celebrate with you, Barb, that Katie is alive - period.
All the problems, all the grief, all the pain can be healed by Our Lord, Jesus Christ.
We have a bright red cardinal that has taken up residency in our back yard. Each morning, he reminds me to say a prayer for you. I thank God that you are a woman of intense faith and courage. May He always hold you gently.
A Sister in Christ

November 18, 2006 4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to see her belly!

November 19, 2006 2:10 AM  
Blogger Jackie R. said...

I love the comment by "A Sister in Christ" I echo her thoughts. And I thank you for your comment and prayer - never a pat answer for me! I say I'll take all I can get :) Keep pressing on my friend. I think it's so cool that you and Shelly will celebrate Thanksgiving together- very cool. Much love.

November 20, 2006 4:38 AM  
Blogger shelly said...

I keep getting "technical difficulties" when I'm trying to watch the afsp broadcast. Hmmm. Wish I had me a man to figure this out or just wish I was more computer savy. =) See you soon.

Loves.

November 20, 2006 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental