Thursday, November 02, 2006

20 months, 20 years, 20/20

Driving back from Berwyn after watching the Michel kids while Katie and Tommy went to Parent Teacher conferences, I started thinking about this being 20 months since Laurie died. And she was 20 twenty years old. And my mom was twenty years older than me. And I am twenty years older than son Greg. And Greg is 20 years older than his daughter Ashley.

Is twenty significant of anything else? 20/20 vision, twenty minutes in a hockey period, a "score" is twenty as in four score and... 20 cigarettes in a pack, (Oops, how did I know that?) twenty digits: ten fingers, ten toes. 20/20 TV show, four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie. (Ooooh, gross!) Top 20 songs. I got stopped there but thought of one more thing I wanted to see; what does the twentieth book of the bible, chapter 20, verse 20 say? This "If you curse your father or mother, the lamp of your life will be snuffed out." Proverbs 20:20. So maybe there was no big significance to this little mind exercise; on the other hand maybe someone needed to see this verse today.

20/20 vision, something I don't have, is a unique gift. Would 20/20 hindsight vision change anything? No. Would I want 20/20 foresight vision? No. I guess I just want spiritual 20/20 vision to know how to lead my life, clarity in what He wants me to do. And maybe, I will spend some time in the next twenty months, focusing on some specific memories of Laurie at the age of the correlating month, this will be month one. Laurie at age one...smiley, smiley baby.

2 Comments:

Blogger chryl said...

love you barb. thanks for the pictures.

love c

November 02, 2006 9:51 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

*hugs* thinking of you

November 03, 2006 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental