Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The best weekend of my life...

These are the sweetest words repeated by Denver to his mom and dad. This weekend we all went to Great America on Friday: though Pete and I did not think the two hour wait to even get into the park was too fun, it did not seem to bother Denver at all. From Great America, Katie and Tommy and the kids went up to Wisconsin and spent two nights at a friend's place relaxing. Sunday night Tommy and Denver went on a "Guys Campout" at Starved Rock. What a far cry from the horrific night months ago where Denver wrote the saddest note saying his heart was ruined and his thoughts were ruined, and everything else. Not long ago he told me I could rip that note up because having mom back home, he no longer felt that way.

So good to find joy in a small boy's heart!

And for Pete and I, we had a pretty great weekend too. Great America and dinner with old friends Friday, a really fun shindig at Arlington Race Course thrown by one of the companies I rep for on Saturday and church and our neighborhood block party on Sunday. Maybe not the best weekend of my life but a chance to have fun, laugh and know that life can still have moments of joy...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barb...

Haven't posted in a while just because of a busy schedule. I continue to pray and am so encouraged by your message today. God is answering our prayers in His time.

You have a great day and a wonderful week.

In His Love,

Eileen G.

August 08, 2006 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental