Saturday, August 05, 2006

This big week...

August 6th through 13th. So many things this week. I am sitting here quietly Saturday night knowing I am going into a mighty week. This week is packed with so many things that need to be prayed for. Katie and Tommy, the Leadership Summit at Willow, last week of Sonlight with the African Refugee kids, Alex's wedding on Saturday, Debbi's conference in Florida, the Overnight http://www.theovernight.org/, Greg and Cheryl moving into their home in Malaysia and http://www.lgyc.org/tc/ Teen Camp at LGYC.

Each one has great importance, but what I can not get out of my mind is Teen
Camp. Lake Geneva Youth camp http://www.lgyc.org/ has been a part of my life ever since I became a believer. I have done handcraft, been a counselor, been a cook, headed up special events, been a part of a place that I know heads kids to God. And tomorrow Teen Camp starts. Lake Geneva Youth Camp. A place where Denny and I served, each of our kids participated as a camper, Pete and I embraced, a place where we were part of Guiness Book of World Records, our kids have all served there in many facets, my nieces have been part of, and tomorrow Chris leads as one of the program directors into a week where 200+ kids will hear God's Word, have an unbelievable week and will decide: "Am I in or am I out?" I am praying each one chooses Him. Pray with me, won't you?

1 Comments:

Blogger NicaGirl said...

Hi Barb
Just wanted you to know that I have prayed and am continuing to pray for you about these things. I also began my journey with Christ at a summer camp, 17 years ago, although it was not at LGYC, but Camp Sandy Hill in North East, Maryland. I know that kids who attend camps like these leave with changed lives! I hope that this week will be no different for the kids at LGYC.
I will also be praying for the Overnight next weekend, and for strength for you for everything you have to do next weekend. I am also really looking for the Summit, my church is one of the satellite locations, so I'll be catching Friday and Saturday (have to miss Thursday) I know it will be wonderful as usual!
Love and blessings,
Meg

August 06, 2006 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental