Saturday, April 29, 2006

Five Minute Take Away

Man, I really have to get motivated to walk for training for the Overnight. And this morning I had a little push. Since Pete is gone on the mens' retreat I had the house to myself. After having a fun dinner last night with one of the other wives whose husband is also on the retreat, I indulged my favorite hobby to relieve stress ( I'm not saying the best way, just my favorite.). I went to Kohl's to bargain hunt.

My find this time: a great spring green and light blue spring jacket. It's reversible, it has a hood, it came with a cute matching string bag, back pack thing. The best part it cost $14.87. originally $50! The second best thing: it is a size large, not a 2X like I used to wear. So my motivation this morning started with wearing my new jacket while I walked.

After stretching to try to get past the shin splint I have in my right leg and the heel pain I have in my left foot, I start. I pray. There is much to bring up to God. We have been hit with more news, not good, this week and I am still reeling from it. It is too fresh to share on a blog and really too personal but God already knows it. And my confirmation? I hear it...the cardinal's song, begging me to look up into the tree. There he is, again; my little personal note from God. He knows. And then I look back down at the sidewalk and what is laying there? Two twigs, one laying on top of the other forming a perfect little cross. And this happened earlier this week at a different spot. I have to laugh. Some people just know God is there for them. I have to have cardinals, black Jeeps, red Jeeps and now little crosses made out of twigs...cool.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gail said...

Cool Blog Barb, BUT... Isn't about time to have a garage sale and sell ALL of your old bargin clothes??? Come on now. Someone is just waiting for one of your groovy outfits. They can't afford to go to a nice store, but they can afford your bargin clothes. Garage Sale. Spring cleaning. I'd proably buy most of them if I lived there. Don't be mad at me. I just know you could use some closet space.. I love you Sis..gail

April 29, 2006 10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to chuckle when I read of the cross formation of twigs.
I, too, experienced a "raining down of crosses" for a two-week period recently. It could not be mere coincidence that I found crosses in the most unlikely of places: A picture of a cross drawn my son at age 4 titled simply, "The Cross." A small, gold cross found lying alone on the blacktop and retrieved by a Jewish neighbor child. He wanted to know what it was and could he keep it. A cross on a holy card in my bedroom,long forgotten and seemingly appearing from nowhere. And then, another solitary gold cross lying on my carpet just waiting for me to notice it.

I will continue to pray for you, Barb. Keep laying your burdens down at the foot of the cross.

April 29, 2006 11:14 AM  
Blogger shelly said...

have an amazing trip barb. good talking to you. my friend text me this today "the prelude to faith is laughter" and it reminded me of you. lets keep laughing, and pressing on as jackie always says.
love you.

April 30, 2006 3:24 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Every time I see a cardinal, (which is quite often now) I think of you and your family. :)

Hang in there! I am praying for you all.

May 01, 2006 8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please blog about your new news when you feel able. it is always nice to be able to personalize a prayer.

May 01, 2006 2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb...I can't believe it....more news. You poor thing. How and what should I pray for? You know I'm very specific. I continue to pray for your entire situation.

Remember Joshua 1:9...He is even showing you His presence in small ways like crosses on the ground. Hang in there my friend and don't be discouraged.

In His Love,

EG

May 01, 2006 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental