Friday, April 07, 2006

Cubs win...

Was that a dream? I am sound asleep on the couch in the family room taking a well deserved nap. It's Friday, It's drizzling out. And I'm tired. A nap was the perfect thing. I am roused awake by the ringing of something. It's a doorbell; I had forgotten that Pete had recently installed a new doorbell that actually works.

Jumping up, slapping my cheeks to really wake up, I realize Pete has already answered the door to some guy who is selling frozen steaks door to door.(????) The good portion of this small scenario is that I got to see the last minute of the Cubs game and they won. That was worth waking up for. Of course if I was a true fan, I never would even thought about going to sleep while the Cubs play.

Last night I woke up several times out of a sound sleep. I am missing Laurie more than usual, worrying too much about a variety of things. Katie is coming out of Respite care Monday and has a good,safe place to stay. She has a job lined up, at a coffee shop, ironically. I know that this is only the first step to wellness for her but it is a start. The rest of the family is coming to grips with what is our next "new reality". So in these fits of sleep and waking, I know I need to pray and all that comes into my head are worship songs. That's a form of prayer isn't it?

And now this afternoon, I didn't even have to pray. The Cubs won all by themselves!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has Scott disabled his blog???

April 10, 2006 10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! the cubs won!

You are in my thoughts and prayers

April 10, 2006 12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope everything is o.k.

April 10, 2006 8:05 PM  
Blogger Barb K said...

To Mary,
I believe Scott has taken his blog down. Last I heard, he was doing well. Continue to carry him in your prayers, please.

April 10, 2006 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental