Sunday, August 14, 2005

A wedding today...

Back home from San Diego, arriving in at 1:30AM and off to Brian Princer and Carissa's wedding this afternoon. A tropical theme, a chance to wear my oversized hibiscus earrings, a sweet bride and groom. I got there late, just in time to hear Steve Gillen declare them husband and wife. Steel drums, flowers everywhere...

And now the long ride home due to an accident far ahead. I am crying and crying because there won't be a Laurie and Scott or Laurie and anybody wedding. She would have been so radiant, so beautiful. Taking each word of the wedding vows to heart and searing them there.

I had a little vacation from grief and it was good. Now back to this churning, ever present grief. I am reading A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis, so powerful. Just finished another, A Grace Disguised by Gerald Stitser. Last week read another, No One Saw Their Pain. I force myself to keep seeing God's grace and love and it is right there.

3 Comments:

Blogger Greg Boncimino said...

Mom,

I'm with you. Today, tomorrow, always. Let's keep doing this together.

I'm so proud of the way you serve others (even if in perfect SD!) Just take another deep breath, and head out for another lap. We WILL make it.

Your eldest

August 14, 2005 9:19 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

You bring new meaning to a voracious(sp?) reader... Really my friend...does it affect your dreams like it does mine??? =) Oh, I'm not going anywhere right now and all that talk is sweet but starting to creep me out...=O

August 14, 2005 10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As they say death ends a life, not a relationship but I am so sorry to you and your family for all the pain you are going through. She will always be with you in spirit - but I know that probably brings little comfort right now. Just know you are thought of.

August 15, 2005 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental