Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter 2008

Here in Chicago we got bombarded with more snow, probably another 7" or so. We are all sick of it but some how it is still so beautiful. Today Maya, Denver and Isaiah got to play on the their sleds in the back yard and had such a good time.

Because of the snow we felt it was just not safe to drive the 20 miles or so to the Good Friday services at church. Kristin has described how great the service was, sort of like a memorial service for Jesus. Interesting concept.

And today. I brought Denver. Maya and Isaiah with me to Sonlight. It was the last time little Osman and his sister Saforia will be there. They are moving to Colombus Ohio and it is doubtful I will ever see them again. I really could not bear not being able to say good by. I love this little guy with the fierce attitude; I know he has seen more than a little 9 year old should have had to see. Yet he was an encouragement to me more than once. He comes from a Muslim family with strong roots; I also know that the reality of Jesus' love is something Osman is aware of. I pray someday Osman will connect the dots of love we showered on him and know that Christ is the way.

The rest of our day could not have been more fun. We made a run to the Jelly Belly factory and stood in line for 90 minutes to take the tour. D, M and Isaiah were great and appreciated the trip to Candyland. Dinner at TGIF's and then showers, baths, hair sets and finally sleep...for them. Pete had hidden 3 dozen eggs and I made up the seven "Grandma' baskets. Tomorrow, church for me and the kids, Katie and Pete are working. Eggs Goldenrod after church (ask if you are really interested) with family and then ham traditional later with Pete's family and some of mine. I love this season of celebrating the most important time in Christiandom. (Is that a word?)

And as I piece together where I am, I am led back to the blog I recently found through my niece Mandy. Check out http://mnssams.blogspot.com/ I cannot pull myself from this young couple and their journey with their young (under 2 month) son, Joshua. He died just a few days ago. Their journey is remarkable; the medical aspect is fascinating to me who is interested in all things medical. If you want to really get a perpective on your own life, look at what this young missionary couple in New Zealand has undergone and then think again.

May the reality of Easter be the most important thing in your life. It is in mine.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!

March 23, 2008 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental