Sunday, July 29, 2007

It's time...

A little picture review follows to chronicle the good times had this past week. My sister Gail has been in for a visit and we got to hang out a lot. Last Sunday we went out to Lincoln National Cemetery in Elwood IL to see the headstone plaque for my mom and dad's ashes. Thursday night Gail and I visited Parky the Clown at his Dairy Queen in Northbrook and then off to the bike races, a place where we spent many, many hours as girls.

Another fishing adventure, still no fish caught, but we're patient. Friday we did some serious damage at the Jewelry Show. 7 headbands for me and Maya, purses, watches, bracelets, more earrings! Argh, I need a 12 step program for my accessories addiction. And yesterday the rip roarin' birthday party for Hayden and Reece (Ages 4 and 2) at the Dolphin Aquatic Park. Everyone had a blast.

I am truly thankful that a hideous bout with bronchitis is coming to an end. Three nights of sleeping sitting up is not fun. And the blessing in disguise, while at the doctor's, was his mentioning a new drug to help quit smoking. Still smoking is the one thing that has just plagued me. I know it's bad for me, it smells, costs too much money and going up all the time, and in Chicago, smoking will be banned January 1, 2008. So it's time, although smoking is my favorite crutch and stress reliever, it's time. The way the meds work, August 1st is my quit day. There, I have declared it! Now I just have to do it. Wish me luck...

7 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

You can do it!!!!!!!!!!

July 29, 2007 10:49 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Great pictures. :)

I used to smoke and had a hard time quitting because it was something I did whenever I was stressed. I really relied on smoking to help me through some hard times and it was hard to let it go.

You can do it! :)

July 30, 2007 8:45 AM  
Blogger Aunt Sara with the yellow hair said...

You can do it, Barb!!

July 30, 2007 10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck w/the quitting-let me know if it works, I may try it! Looks like u all had fun, I love summer! The twins are getting so big! Beautiful!

July 30, 2007 11:23 AM  
Blogger lisa said...

Hi, Barb! I haven't commented in awhile, but I'm a faithful reader of your blog. I love all the photos of the kids you've been posting, and it looks like your family reunion was a blast.

And I'm a ex-smoker, too - just had my 2 year quit anniversary. You can do it! It's hard and it sucks, and I will always miss it, but it's so worth it. I have all the faith in you! You're a strong lady!

Lisa:)

July 30, 2007 1:08 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

BARB, I LOVE YOU AND I THANK YOU FOR A GREAT TIME. WE HAD LOTS OF LAUGHS AND FUN TOGETHER. THANK YOU AND JOEY FOR EVERYTHING. I AM SO VERY BLESSED TO HAVE SUCH GREAT SISTERS...BLESS YOU AND MUCH LUCK TO YOU AND KATIE AS YOU QUIT SMOKIN.....LOVE, GAIL

July 30, 2007 11:15 PM  
Blogger NicaGirl said...

Barb, you can do it!! I will be praying ror you. I smoked my last ciagrette 5 1/2 years ago and am so glad I quit!! I know you can totally do this!!!
love,
Meg

August 01, 2007 5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental