Thursday, June 07, 2007

Happy Birthday, Laur...

I have plans...a bike ride in a few minutes wearing my Overnight shirt with Laurie's picture on it. A trip down to the lake during my lunch hour. I'll bring chalk to write on the cement, some daisies to leave, memories to mull over.

I will seek times to show random acts of kindness. I will hug and kiss the twins and remind them what a wonderful aunt they should have been able to meet. Maybe a mexican dinner to honor her time in Mexico...

Her favorite TV show was "The Price is Right". I smile that Bob Barker, after 40 years, taped his last show yesterday...sort of fitting just before Laurie's 23rd birthday. Don't I wish that she could "Come on down"?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you today.

June 07, 2007 11:56 AM  
Blogger riniroo said...

My prayers are with you Barb.

June 07, 2007 1:10 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. *hugs*

June 07, 2007 2:35 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Barb, I will tell
Laurie Happy Birthday in my Prayers...And I always be praying for you. Love you..Gail

June 07, 2007 7:10 PM  
Blogger Jackie R. said...

Loving you, praying for you & all who love Laurie & missing Laurie too :(

June 08, 2007 5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought about you yesterday, and prayed for peace for you. I also wished Laurie a happy birthday, and told her how much I missed her. It just bites...especially because my neice Dani and Laurie were exactly 3 months apart. She is celebrating her 23rd b-day on Sept 7. I always thought how cute it was that they were 3 months apart, and loved to watch them grow together. Laurie was my visible neice when I was missing my Dani. Continued thoughts and prayers are with all of you during this difficult time...
Love you!

June 08, 2007 9:54 AM  
Blogger lisa said...

Thinking about you, Barb . . . prayers to you and your family.

June 08, 2007 11:57 AM  
Blogger NicaGirl said...

I am thinking abouy you and praying for you, Barb. And keeping my eye out for cardinals! I have seen one almost every day for the past week or so!
Love,
meg

June 10, 2007 6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just thought of you today.We all pray for you regularly

June 11, 2007 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental