Friday, January 05, 2007

When she was three...

On January 2nd, I remembered. It has been 22 months since Laurie's death. Back in November I decided to reflect each month on remembering Laurie at each year of her life, starting back then with age one. This month I am remembering her at three years old, the same age of grandsons Hayden and Isaiah right now. What a great age! So inquisitive, so verbal, so cute!

And on the 2nd, while I was driving into work, thinking about her at three, what do I see? The license plate on a passing car that read: LUVUMOM It wasn't on a black Jeep but it was good enough for me. I am so amazed how God shows me these crazy signs that affirm His presence and that He continues to guide me through the grief journey.

And then a few days ago, I was dreading making a phone call to a dear friend to straighten some stuff out. I kept putting off calling and then made myself a little deal. I would call if I saw a cardinal during that day. (I had not seen a live cardinal in a few months!) After getting dressed I look out our bedroom window, and, duh, there he was in our neighbor's tree. A brilliant red cardinal! He did not wave a little sign that said "Make that call" but he might as well have. Weird? Not to me. God prompting? Yep...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental