Sunday, May 14, 2006

Faith, Hope, Love, but the greatest of these is love...

I know I have been getting more and more depressed and depression is not something I am prone to. I can feel the darkness start to envelope me. Self talk doesn't do it. What is going on? I am trying to "fix" stuff that I have no control over. I am in God's waiting room and I want to hear my name called...

Mother's Day is approaching and I miss my mom. I miss my sister, Lin. I miss my Laurie. I hear from both my sisters, Gail and JoAnne, and we are all having a harder time this year missing Mom than last year. The saga surrounding the Michel family, especially Katie, has whipped me. My heart is just not where it should be. God, call my name...

And He does, again. I get that Mother's Day ecard reminding me of 1Corinthians 13:13 . "There are three things that will endure--faith, hope and love--and the greatest of these is love." Today I have a renewed sense of faith. I know He sees this and He has the answers, not me. And hope. Putting together Hope boxes with Denver and Maya yesterday to be sent to kids in Africa, Denver says, "Grandma, can we go to Africa so I can give this to a boy in Africa who doesn't have a mom or dad?" I see in Denver that he, even in his own pain, wants to give hope to someone else.

And love...while our house is filling with family to celebrate Mother's Day, I have to go into the laundry room for something. I glance up to the shelf and there sits Laurie's gift to me from years ago...a yellow wooden tulip where she has lettered on the bottom "#1 Mom I love you. La"
Yes, the greatest of these IS love. God called me into the exam room. I am loved. The darkness is lifting.

6 Comments:

Blogger PixieGirl said...

I love Love LOVE you Aunt Barb! Thanks for being my family.
Mandy

May 15, 2006 8:09 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

Aren't you glad we have so much love in our family. Yes some of us are screwed up big time, but hey we all love eachother. Even being so far away I still feel your love.....And the greatest of these IS love. Rock on Sista.....Gail

May 15, 2006 8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you big time, Barb! Heading out on vacation tomorrow, but we'll be back the 27th. We need to get together. Let me know, too, if there's anything I can do to help you or Tommy out. So far, my days are open as I'm still job hunting.

Lots of LOVE,
Lisa

May 15, 2006 2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog and your journey to healing, and I am deeply touched and moved. I don't know you personally, but I envy you your faith and strength in such overwhelming adversity. I am sure some days are harder than others. But know that someone out here, even though anonymous, feels and shares your pain at the loss of such a beautiful soul.

May 15, 2006 7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Barb,
I went to sleep last night singing the song lyrics "hold me Jesus, cause I'm shaking like a leaf." Just hold me, Jesus. Barb, may you continue to allow Jesus to hold you in His loving arms.

May 16, 2006 11:33 AM  
Blogger shelly said...

you continue to amaze me barb. i will be praying for everyday moments where you can experience that hope, faith, and love.

loving you.

May 16, 2006 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental